Early Thinking of Social Development in a New Town
Minutes, notes, seminar papers and articles on social development subjects considered by the Board and the Executive Management Committee prior to the Master Plan being published. Collected by Peter Waterman.
Cards recording preliminary discussion of the Board & Executive on Social Development prior to publication of Master Plan
1. Towards a Social Plan for Milton Keynes, Autumn 1967
2. 1st General Seminar - 'The Family & the Home', Prof Donnison, Dec 1967
3. Continuation of Seminar, 22 January 1968
4. Urban Society of Future, Prof Webber, 30 January 1968
5. Social Dev of Milton Keynes, Prof D Donnison, 6 March 1968
Pre Milton Keynes relevant papers on Social Development from other new towns.
Social Development (a paper) by Suzanne Beauchamp de Monchaux, 1969
The Best Laid Plans: Milton Keynes Since 1967 (a paper) by Suzanne Beauchamp de Monchaux, 1995
Excerpts & Notes of a book 'British New Towns - Programme without a Policy' by Meryl Aldridge, 1979